The ‘Winning in Growth Cities’ report is an annual survey of global commercial real estate investment activity which details the cities most successful at attracting capital.
One of the key factors determining where that growth lies is technological change. Developments in virtual reality and big data are set to enable more rapid change and will start shaping cities and tenant demand within months rather than years.
- Global property investment rose to $1.5tn in the year to June.
- Led by New York, the US dominates the ranking of global cities but Asian markets made the most impressive gains in the past year.
- London is still the number 1 global market for cross border players. Paris closed the gap in third place but German cities are the ones to watch.
- While gateway cities again dominated, with the top 25 taking nearly 50% of the market, tier 2 cities have taken market share.
- The economic background is more encouraging for real estate than many expected, with global growth forecasts raised by the IMF for the first time since 2011.
This report aims to identify some of the key enablers and emerging technologies and looks at what will determine which cities are the winners in this radically shifting environment.
READ IT NOW:
WINNING IN GROWTH CITIES FINAL LIVE